Casio G-Shock Gravitymaster GPW-1000-4ADR
From the G-SHOCK GRAVITYMASTER, introducing the GPW-1000 — the world’s first*1 watch with CASIO-original GPS HYBRID WAVE CEPTOR*2 technology built in.
GPS HYBRID WAVE CEPTOR combines Multiband 6 capability to receive any one of six time calibration signals around the globe with a receiver that acquires position and time information from GPS satellites. When GPS information is acquired the watch determines your current time zone and judges whether or not your location requires the use of summer time, and updates watch settings accordingly. The combination of these two capabilities creates a hybrid timepiece designed and engineered to ensure that you are on time all the time, no matter where you happen to be.
A dial at 8 o’clock shows World Time, so the current time in two time zones can be viewed at a glance. An Airplane Mode simplifies the task of disabling and re-enabling signal emission by the watch as conditions require.
Design-wise, the GPW-1000 features TRIPLE G RESIST construction for unmatched G-SHOCK toughness. A frame molded using fine resin provides the perfect combination of shock-resistance and good looks. A carbon fiber insert band ensures outstanding durability, while the Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) coating of the bezel provides plenty of abrasion resistance.
State-of-the-art technology, innovative engineering, and attractive modern styling make the New GRAVITYMASTER some of the best in G-SHOCK timekeeping available today.
*1 CASIO data as of July 2014.
*2 CASIO’s original solar charging system combines with GPS (Global Positioning System) to provide you with position information virtually anywhere.
GPS HYBRID WAVE CEPTOR
Global Positioning System (GPS) + Radio-controlled (Multi Band 6)
This hybrid system ensures accurate timekeeping virtually anywhere your travels take you. Even summer time and standard time switching is performed automatically as required based on acquired information.
MULTIBAND 6 allows reception of time calibration signals from one of six transmitters around the globe : Germany, The United Kingdom, The United States, China, and Japan (two transmitters).
TRIPLE G RESIST
Designed to withstand the shock of three forces: Gravitational dropping forces, centrifugal gravitational force, and vibration. Unmatched toughness only from G-SHOCK
An electronic crown switch and the use of multiple motors combine to enable conflict-free simultaneous operation of multiple functions, and smooth switching between functions.
TOUGH MOVEMENT is a CASIO-original thin analog movement that is packed with a host of amazing features and functions. Movement durability and integrity are ensured by hybrid mount construction to protect against damage and by auto hand home position correction to keep settings accurate.
Tough Solar ensures stable operation even when using power-hungry functions.
- Triple G Resist
- Sapphire Crystal
- 200-meter water resistance
- Case / bezel material: Stainless steel / Resin
- Carbon fiber insert Resin Band
- Solar powered
- LED light (Super Illuminator)
- GPS signal reception: Auto receive (time information, once/day); Manual receive (position information, time information)
- Time calibration signal reception:
- Auto receive up to six* times a day (remaining auto receives canceled as soon as one is successful)
- *5 times a day for the Chinese calibration signal
- The latest signal reception results
- Time Calibration Signals
- Station name: DCF77 (Mainflingen, Germany)
- Frequency: 77.5 kHz
- Station name: MSF (Anthorn, England)
- Frequency: 60.0 kHz
- Station name: WWVB (Fort Collins, United States)
- Frequency: 60.0 kHz
- Station name: JJY (Fukushima, Fukuoka/Saga, Japan)
- Frequency: 40.0 kHz (Fukushima) / 60.0 kHz (Fukuoka/Saga)
- Station name: BPC (Shangqiu City, Henan Province, China)
- Frequency: 68.5 kHz
- The auto hand home position correction
- Airplane mode
- World time
- 40 time zones (27 cities + coordinated universal time), city code display,
- daylight saving on/off
- 1/20-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 23'59.95''
- Measuring mode: Elapsed time
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- Daily alarm
- Low battery alert
- Power Saving (hands stop to save power when the watch is left in the dark)
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- Date display
- Regular timekeeping
- Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 10 seconds), second)
- 3 dials (24-hour, world time hour and minute, day), date
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
- Approx. battery operating time:
- 7 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
- 18 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
- Size of case: 66 × 56 × 18.8 mm
- Total weight: 126 g