Casio G-Shock GWN-1000-2ADR
Equipped with Triple Sensors for Measuring Direction, Atmospheric Pressure/Altitude, and Temperature Hands Serve to Indicate Atmospheric Pressure and Compass Bearing
The new G-SHOCK boasts features useful for ocean activities — an atmospheric pressure sensor that can help predict changes in the weather, compass bearing to check the direction to a destination, and a tide graph that indicates the tide level.
Along with digital display of current atmospheric pressure values, second hand also indicates the change in pressure compared to the previously measured value. The hand points to a number engraved on the bezel, while the angle of the hand indicates the magnitude of the pressure change. A sudden spike or drop in pressure is indicated with an arrow in the inset dial, accompanied by an alarm signal. As a result, the wearer can get an accurate indication of atmospheric pressure change numerically, along with a more visual impression from the angle of the hand. This allows the wearer to take action when the weather is about to change.
The watch also indicates compass direction with the second hand pointing north, and the angle shown on the LCD. The wearer can use these functions to decide the direction to a destination across the open sea. In addition, the watch comes with a tide graph for pre-set locations so that the wearer can anticipate sea surface conditions at the destination for anchorage, etc. The watch boasts other multiple features useful for ocean activities such as water resistance to 200 meters and two separate LED lights for illuminating the dial and LCD.
The new GWN-1000 is also very easy to use. It is equipped with Smart Access, which enables its advanced functions to be operated intuitively. By pulling, turning, and pressing the crown, the world time and all the sensor functions can be accessed with ease. A single button calls up the sensor measurements, and different sounds indicate which sensor mode is in use. The watch also features a new band that is integrated into the case. Made from flexible soft urethane, the band also offers improved comfort.
While providing outstanding functions for ocean activities, the GWN-1000 is still eminently easy to use. It is a watch worthy of an ocean concept G-SHOCK. Going forward, Casio will aggressively promote G-SHOCK GULFMASTER series of G-SHOCK watches, named to capture the image of men tough enough to master the wild sea.
- Water Resistance
- 200 meters
- Radio Frequencies
- 77.5 kHz (DCF77: Germany); 60 kHz (MSF: UK); 60 kHz (WWVB: USA); 40 kHz (JJY: Fukushima, Japan) / 60 kHz (JJY: Kyushu, Japan); 68.5 kHz (BPC: China)
- Radio Wave Reception
- Automatic reception up to six times a day (except for use in China: up to five times a day); manual reception
- Digital Compass
- Measures and displays direction as one of 16 points with the second hand; measuring range: 0° to 359°; measuring unit: 1°; 60 seconds continuous measurement; bidirectional calibration and magnetic declination correction
- Measuring range: 260 hPa to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg); measuring unit: 1 hPa (0.05 inHg); atmospheric pressure change indicator (±10 hPa); atmospheric pressure tendency graph (past 20 hours graph display); barometric pressure tendency information(arrow indicates significant pressure changes)
- Measuring range: -700 m to 10,000 m (-2,300 to 32,800 ft.); measuring unit: 1 m (5 ft.);; altitude change indicator (±100 m / ±1000 m); others: measurement interval setting* (every 5 seconds / every 2 minutes)
- * 1 second for first 3 minutes only
- Measuring range: -10 to 60°C (14 to 140°F); measuring unit: 0.1°C (0.2°F)
- Tide Graph
- Tide level for specific date and time
- Moon Data
- Moon age of the specific date
- World Time
- 29 cities (29 time zones; daylight saving on/off, Home city/World time city swapping) and Coordinated Universal Time, auto switching/ standard time and Coordinated Universal Time
- 1/100 second; measuring capacity: 24 hours; measuring modes: elapsed time, split time, 1st and 2nd place times
- Countdown Timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second (maximum 60 minutes)
- 5 independent daily alarms; hourly time signal
- Other Functions
- Full auto-calendar; 12/24-hour format; battery level indicator; button operation tone on/off; full auto double LED light with afterglow:1.5/3.0 seconds; Hand-concealment function (manual, auto: barometer / altimeter / thermometer function)
- Power Source
- Tough Solar power system (high-capacity solar-charging system)
- Continuous Operation
- About 23 months with the power-saving function* ON after full charge
- * Display shuts off after a certain period in a dark location
- Size of Case
- 44.9 × 55.8 × 16.0 mm (GWN-1000)
- Total Weight
- Approx. 101g