Casio ProTrek PRT-B50-2DR
PRO TREK‘s ability to combine the best that technology has to offer and innovative designs has made it the timepiece of choice for climbers, hikers, campers, and other outdoor enthusiasts. Now the PRT-B50 Series adds Bluetooth® capabilities that enable data communication with a smartphone running the PRO TREK Connected app, for the ultimate in ease of use.
The Quad Sensor system uses compact sensors that make it possible to pack compass, altitude/barometer, and temperature measurements, along with an accelerometer that keeps track of your step count, into a compact configuration. Calorie calculations use both step count and altitude information to take upgrades and downgrades into consideration, and calories burned values are recorded by the app. The app automatically records altitude data measured by the watch and route information acquired by a smartphone’s GPS, and you can manually plot altitude points along your route using a Route Log feature. You can also perform a watch button operation to record your current location in memory. Then after you move to a different place, a Location Indicator will point to the direction and display the distance back to the registered location. This makes it easy to determine the relationship between the two locations, which is an essential capability for outdoor activities.
Smartphone connectivity simplifies configuration of settings, and Auto Time Adjust ensures that time settings are always correct no matter where you happen to be.
The watch can also be configured to obtain altitude information using a smartphone’s GPS and automatically correct its own altitude readings. When the watch connects with a phone, it also acquires latitude and longitude information, which is used to calculate the sunrise and sunset times for your current location.
You can use the app to enable or disable modes individually so only the modes you need appear. You can even specify the sequence to be used when displaying the modes to suit your particular needs.
The back cover of the watch, which is made of resin embedded with lightweight, tough glass fibers has a structure that combines the lugs connecting the band and the case into a single piece.
Button guards protect against operational error and case toughness has been enhanced, which are essential features for rugged outdoor wear.
A wide face with Arabic numerals provides easy, at-a-glance readability. The face combines with a large rotary bezel to create an attractive outdoor adventurer design. The cone of view bearing indicator that shows your current bearing uses metal parts for an outdoor accent that enhances the overall sporty design.
The urethane band has a 3D texture to keep the band ring from slipping out of position, another feature that makes this watch suitable for outdoor use.
The new PRT-B50’s Bluetooth® connectability with a smartphone and customizable modes makes it the perfect choice for practical outdoor wear.
- Quad Sensor (Thermometer, Altimeter/Barometer, Digital compass, Step counter)
- Smartphone Link (Bluetooth® connection connect with a smartphone)
- Hand retraction function
- Sunrise/sunset time display
- World Time (City Swapping)
- Double LED Light (Auto Light)
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Mineral Glass
- Direction Bezel
- 100-meter water resistance
- Double LED light
- LED light for the face (Auto LED light, Neon illuminator, selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow)
- LED backlight for the digital display (Auto LED light, Super illuminator, selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow)
- Low-temperature resistant (–10°C/14°F)
- Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth®)
- Digital compass
- Measures and displays direction as one of 16 points
- Measuring range: 0 to 359°
- Measuring unit: 1°
- 60 seconds continuous measurement
- Hand indication of north
- Magnetic declination correction
- Direction calibration (2-point calibration, figure eight calibration, auto calibration)
- Measuring range: –700 to 10,000 m (–2,300 to 32,800 ft.)
- Measuring unit: 1 m (5 ft.)
- Hand indication graph of altitude differential
- Manual memory measurements (up to 14 records, each including altitude, date, time)
- Auto log data (High/low altitudes, cumulative ascent and descent)
- Others: Relative altitude readings (±100 m /±1000 m), selectable measurement interval: 5 seconds or 2 minutes (1 second for first 3 minutes only)
- *Changeover between meters (m) and feet (ft)
- Measuring range: 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg)
- Measuring unit: 1 hPa (0.05 inHg)
- Hand indication of pressure differential (±10hPa)
- Atmospheric pressure tendency graph (last 20 hours or last 56 hours)
- Barometric pressure tendency information alarm (beep and arrow indicates significant changes in pressure)
- The atmospheric pressure tendency graph can show the last 20 minutes or last 56 minutes of measurements. The hand indication of pressure differential shows values in units of ±1 hPa.
- *Changeover between hPa and inHg
- Measuring range: –10 to 60°C (14 to 140°F)
- Measuring unit: 0.1°C (0.2°F)
- *Changeover between Celsius (°C) and Fahrenheit (°F)
- Step count using a 3-axis acceleration sensor: 0 to 999,999 step count display range
- Power Saving: Auto sensor sleep state entry after fixed period of non-activity
- World time
- 38 time zones (38 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off, Home city/World time city swapping
- Sunrise, sunset time display
- Sunrise time and sunset time for specific date
- 1/100-second stopwatch
- 00’00”00?59’59”99 (for the first 60 minutes)
- 1:00’00?23:59’59 (after 60 minutes)
- Measuring unit:
- 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
- 1 second (after 60 minutes)
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 5 daily alarms
- Hourly time signal
- Hand shift feature
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping:
- Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 10 seconds), second)
- Digital: Hour, minute, second, am/pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month (with no mobile link function)
- Approx. battery life: 2 years on CR2025
- Size of case : 57.5×50.8×15.8mm
- Total weight : 64g